The readathon is coming! The readathon is coming! Guys, I can’t quite tell you how excited I am about our NYE Readathon. We drove my brother back to the airport for his flight home yesterday, and all the family fun is just about coming to an end, with people going back to work next week, and let’s just not talk about it…
All that to say, I have been so looking forward to tomorrow. Lazily getting up to a lovely stack of books and snacks and reading with all of you sounds like the most perfect way to spend the last day of 2012.
Rules: There are no rules! It’s New Year’s Eve. Who wants to worry? All I ask is that you post once, either tonight or at some point tomorrow to let everyone know you’re participating. You can link up below. I’ll have an intro post up tomorrow morning, and I’ll also have some other fun break topics. But the point is to read, so I’m not going to overdo it on the posts.
I do have some tips, though, to make it a bit more fun:
- If you take any photos throughout the day, use the hashtag #nyereadathon on Instagram. And let us all know your handle!
- If you tweet throughout the day, use the hashtag #nyereadathon. We’d love to hear from you and share the fun.
- Don’t stress if you have to run out to a party or go grab more bubbly. The goal is to have fun, not restrict your fun.
- Holler if you’re feeling lonely/rushed/stressed/whatever. Half the fun of the readathon is knowing others are out there reading too.
- Take a chance to check out the other bloggers participating. Tweet them, comment on their posts. Because this is laidback, I didn’t organize any specific cheerleaders, thinking we could cheer as needed. May be a big mistake. May be heaven.
- READ. What you want. When you want. At whatever pace you choose. In the bathtub. In bed. Outside. With green eggs and ham.
If you have questions or suggestions, let me know. If anyone wants to host a giveaway, just email or tweet me, and I’ll make sure to post here.
I’ll be back later to post my preparation plans.
Happy New Year’s Eve Readathon eve! 🙂