So wow. I didn’t actually begin Fridays at Home until about halfway through the year when I realized I really enjoy sharing my Adventures in Homeownership. 🙂 I did, however, want to do a recap of everything I’ve done to the house in the past year.
June: painting begins.
July: painting continues.
August: rearrange living room furniture.
All in all, I had two total room redos, an exterior house change, and small projects all for under $4,000. Of course, that’s doing a lot of the work myself, but heck, that’s a lot of change (as in metamorphosis AND coinage) for a year. Overall, though, I’m pleased. What’s on the agenda for 2012?
– Save money. You know, because it’s kind of important to have some spare change for these home projects.
– Do touch ups and small projects.
– Paint detached garage to match exterior of house.
– Possible reno of butler’s pantry into half bath (late summer, perhaps?).
– Redo back deck (if half bath goes through, may be put off until 2013).
– Add crown molding to main rooms.
– Create window seat in kitchen.
– Paint laundry room and make it more efficient.
It’s funny. I hate lists for my reading but LOVE lists focusing on house projects. Now I just can’t wait to start marking some of these off in the new year.Â
So – what have you done this year in terms of improving your space?