I love these someecards about reading and books. I found this one on The Relentless Reader’s Facebook page and thought it was genius. Right about now, though, you may be hitting the wall…or the pillow. That’s A-ok. We’ll be here when you get out of bed or roll over, as the case may be.
So here’s the update mini questionnaire:
1. Have you napped yet? Or are you still going strong?
2. Do you have a favorite book of 2012? If so, what is it?
3. Any reading goals for 2013?
4. Is anyone listening to any audiobooks?
5. What book are you most excited about in 2013?
And here are my responses:
1. Yes. For about ten minutes. Then Maddie woke me up with hysterical barking. The mailman.
2. I hate picking favorites, but I have to say that the book that has stayed with me the most was Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. I want to re-read it actually.
3. I’d like to read more classics this year. For years I read nothing but, but after grad school, I stopped reading them almost completely.
4. I am! I’m almost finished with ThÃ©rÃ¨se RaquinÂ by Zola, and I’d like to finish it today.
5. I am so so SO excited about Ian Rankin’s new Rebus book, Standing in Another Man’s Grave. It comes out in the middle of January, and all this after Rankin had supposedly retired Rebus. I’m thrilled.