*Yawn* Excuse me, but I am a lazy bones this morning. Bryan from Still Unfinished started reading at midnight his time last night, and I decided I’d join him. Why not? I stayed up until 2 a.m., which was nice until I tried to wake up this morning. But awake I am and ready to get started!
First of all, Happy New Year’s Eve! I’ve always loved the idea of the old year coming to a close and a brand spanking new one opening up in front of us. I was going to post my schedule, but I’m feeling loosey goosey, so no schedule…yet.
A little Q&A, if you will (again, only post if you’re willing/able/not reading a pageturner):
1. What are you reading today?
2. Are you a comfy reader, or do you get dressed, wear shoes and socks, and sit in a straight back chair?
3. Food. What will you be eating/imbibing today?
4. Have you finished a book yet?
5. What book do you want to be reading to close out 2012?
Here are my answers:
1. I’m reading a hodge podge of books. I have a stack and may switch back and forth like Ronnica does. I’ve got a little mystery, a little lit fic, and even a romance. (!)
2. I am most definitely a comfy reader. I’ve got on leggings and an oversized sweater (the closest thing to pajamas I can get away with without feeling like a bum), and I’ll be reading from my dining room/library sofa because I still have my Christmas tree up and can gaze at my bookshelves if I need a distraction.
3. Sugar cookies and champagne! Not necessarily in that order. I did realize after baking the sugar cookies that I need a salty alternative, and since this is the last day of my bad eating, I think I’ll make some homemade salsa and chips as well. A balanced diet, and all that…
4. I have! I cheated a bit and started off with a book I was halfway through, The Death of Bees by Lisa O’Donnell. I finished it at about 1-something and started another book, a Miss Silver mystery called Ladies’ Bane.
5. I haven’t decided yet! Last year, I ended 2011 and began 2012 reading The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachmann, and it was one of my favorites from the year. That’s a lot of pressure. Knowing me, I’ll forget about that somewhere around the 8th sugar cookie, though.
Happy readathon! And happy reading.