So every morning after I let Maddie out and start getting ready, she climbs back into the spot I left, sometimes not even moving when I make the bed. Her half-open eyes follow me as I get ready, and mostly I feel she barely tolerates my noise and movements. Her look says, “I am only quiet because I know you’ll soon be gone, and I can sleep.” When I kiss the top of her head as I leave, she rolls over and stretches, feigning some sort of activity before I walk out the door. It’s always such a cozy scene, and most mornings I stare a bit jealously at her and wish I could kick off my shoes and join her.
Well, this morning, I will crawl right back in beside her. My co-teacher and I realized we each had floating holidays we had to use before the end of the month. Since we only have a few days between the summer session and fall semester (which we need to prep for classes), we decided to take a day off. Yea!
On the agenda:
- First and foremost, sleep late.
- Read lazily in bed (one of my favorite things to do).
- Cuddle Miss Maddie.
- Go to the gym! (I love going in the morning. Such a treat.)
- Meet my mom and sis to go visit my grandmother.
Other possibilities for the rest of the weekend:
- Paint the garage (holdover from last summer…it didn’t happen).
- Fix the lawn mower and take care of the yard. It currently looks like a jungle.
- Touch up paint on baseboards in the living room.
- Paint the dollhouse.
- Gather stuff for yard sale.
Ahhhh. Can’t wait…at least for the first list. 🙂 Hope you guys have a great weekend! What’s on the agenda?